Since beginning of May I am working for remote control productions running their research department.
remote control productions is an independent, internationally active production house, with an emphasis on mediation, development and production of entertainment software and research services. With its extensive experience and far-reaching contacts, remote control productions acts as an important interface between developers, publishers, distributors and investors.
It feels great to be here. The general focus of the company is very interesting with projects which try to do something new and/or have an positive impact on society or the video games business in mind. On top of that the company is very much involved in education, the local IGDA chapter, contacts to political institutions and the Verein für Videospielekultur (club for video games culture) on which I blogged here.
One of my main projects is our weekly newsletter which goes like this:
Up-to-Date in 30 minutes
Keeping an eye on current trends and affairs is an imperative for anyone concerned with the video games industry.
With the RCP-Newsletter, remote control productions are offering a compact overview on the latest trends and news as well as concise figures. Whilst we are tracking the international market very closely, our special focus lies on Germany. This not only provides our readers with detailed information about international happenings but also with insights into the German industry and current political developments.
Our newsletter summarises news items from more than 40 different sources, relevant to the games industry, in a short and clearly arranged way, thus giving you the advantage of having all relevant news at hand in only 30 minutes a week.
The sections of the newsletter are covering the following areas:
- Current Market Data: Software-Charts with sales figures, global hardware sales and company reports
- PC and Videogames: announcements of new titles worldwide on all platforms
- Online: news about digital distribution, social networking platforms and online games
- Companies: fusions, takeovers, openings, closings and partnerships
- Technology and Hardware: firmware updates, new middleware versions, technical innovations, licensing of engines
- Politics, Culture, Events and Education: political decisions and amendments, cultural events, changes in education, conferences and events
- Feature Recommendations: articles and blogs concerning current topics and trends
- Event-Calendar: the most important conferences and events of the next three months
The RCP newsletter is released once per week (48 times per year) in English and German language.
What do you think about it? And if you are interested, please request a free sample copy at my new email address: utausend [) r-control.com 😉